Friday, August 31, 2012

Jewelry and Wine at the Wedding

Jesus transformed water into wine at the wedding (John 2:1-8).  Water is symbolic of the Word of God, and wine represents the Spirit of God.  Therefore, the union of the word of God with the Spirit of God creates new wine or a new spirit within me.  I am a new creature in Christ Jesus; the old life is gone, and the new life has started (2 Corinthians 5:17).  As a new creature in Christ Jesus, God gives me new clothes an inner and outer attire. God does not put new wine in old wine skins (Mark 2:22).

Zechariah 3:3
Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel.  The angel said to those who were standing before him, “Take off his filthy clothes.” Then he said to Joshua, “See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you.”

God gives me a new lavish wardrobe of righteousness; however, I must put on righteousness and remove the old dirty clothes of my past life.  Usually, spiritual people or the servants of the Lord help me to change out of the clothing of the old life and dress up into the luxurious clothing of Christ Jesus.  In fact, the bible compares my spiritual renewal and lifestyle change to a wedding.

Isaiah 61:10
I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

The jewels of a righteous woman or man consist of lips of knowledge.  The mind of a person renewed with the knowledge of God speaks words of wisdom that transforms his or her life.  My life has undergone a transformation because I mediate and speak the word of God into my situation and circumstances.

The Spirit of God tells me to put on the sword of the spirit, the word of God (Ephesians 6:17).  Then tighten it up and clothe myself with splendor and majesty (Psalm 45:3).  The sword is an offensive and defensive weapon that is used in fighting battles against enemies.

Offensively, I use the sword of the spirit or the word of God when I am attacking a situation that I must conquer.  I am assertively mediating on and speaking the word of God.  In contrast, the defensive sword is used like the offensive sword; however, the aim of the defensive sword is to deflect attacks by enemies and prevent them from gaining any advantage over me.  When I knowledgably use the word of God as a sword, I have clothed myself with the glory and radiance of the Lord.

The Lord, Almighty God’s presence is everywhere and in everything that He creates; therefore, when I speak the word of God over my situation, God moves in everything and everybody concerned to work things out according to His plans and purposes for all (Romans 8:28-30).  The God of Infinite Intelligence cannot be mocked.  Every person reaps what he or she sows.  Therefore, I make sure that the words that I speak as a result of the meditations of my heart are pleasing to God and most beneficial to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment