Thursday, August 16, 2012

Beauty: A Fight to the Finish

How can I be beautiful when I feel defeated?  Beautiful pertains to that which gives me the utmost level of satisfaction mentally and physically.  When I feel unsatisfied, the effects permeate from my mind through my body.  I may look good even though there is something about me that is not quite right.  Usually, others can sense that something is wrong as well. I am out of balance.  My mind has a thought in it that should not be there.  I am going to have to fight to get the thought out of my mind to restore my equilibrium.

In 2 Corinthians 10:5 AMP, the Apostle Paul tells me that the weapons that I fight with are spiritual weapons that empower me to “Refute arguments, theories, reasoning, and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God.”  Moreover, I have the power to lead thoughts and not just follow whatever thought “pops” into my mind.  The Apostle Paul further says, “…and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One” (2 Cor. 10:5 AMP)
Now, I must be ready and willing to bring my own thoughts under control. All negative thoughts belong to me; therefore, I must bring them into submission and obedience.  I must stop thinking the negative thought immediately when I realize that I am thinking it.  Then I must replace that thought with what God says I should be thinking.

Philippians 4:8 AMP says that “whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things—fix your minds on them.” In other words, I must stop dwelling on the negative; I must stop thinking about what if this or that. What if I don’t get this money?  What if I don’t win this case?  Instead I replace those thoughts immediately with thoughts like these:

God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to me in abundance, so that I may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need, be self-sufficient—possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation (2 Cor. 9:8 AMP).

And

I am more than a conqueror through Christ who loves me (Romans 8:37 NKJV).

This all sounds good, but I must work to train myself to think correctly especially if I am conditioned to think about whatever comes to mind.  It is a fight to say no to negative thoughts that are contrary to what I really want.  It is a fight to look at what I believe and not what I see with my eyes and feel in my body.  This is why the Bible says to “Fight the good fight of faith” (1 Timothy 6:12 NKJV).  I must take hold of the eternal life that God has given to me and act like the spiritual being that God created me to be.  I know that God has given me everything that I ask for (John 15:7-8 NKJV), but there is a process involved in me receiving it, and I must be patient through the process.  Therefore, I fight to the finish.  I don’t give up when something does not come to me in five minutes or five months even five years.  If I want it, and I believed that I received it.  Then I will remain faithful to the promise (what I desire) until my faith moves it from the spiritual realm into my physical world.

Sometimes I have chosen to remain faithful to the negative, and that is exactly what I receive.  The Bible says that God is not mocked: whatever a man sows that is what he reaps (Galatians 6:7-9).  Therefore, if I have faith in the negative by constantly thinking about the negative, I receive the negative whatever that may be.  I do not stay in the negative long.  I learned to move quickly from a negative state of thought into the positive state of thinking.  Thinking positively leads me into mental and physical satisfaction.  The psalmist said, “You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore” (Psalm 16:11 NKJV).

I want pleasure and the beautiful things in my life, and they all start and end in me.  Beauty is a faith fight.  I fight the beauty fight to the finish so that I remain in God’s light.

No comments:

Post a Comment