Sunday, September 2, 2012

Jewelry: Like a Signet Ring

In the book of Haggai, the Lord chose Zerubbabel and He made him like his signet ring.  Zerubbabel carried the mark of God; therefore, Zerubbabel was filled with the Holy Spirit.  Today, the Lord marks those who receive Jesus as Savior and Lord with the same Holy Spirit.  For there is only One Spirit (Ephesians 4:4-6 New International Version [NIV] 1984).   

Ephesians 1:13 NIV 1984
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit….

I am marked by the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth.  The Lord gave me the Holy Spirit to guide me, to comfort me, and to instruct me in everything. When I receive the truth of God and obey the instruction of Jesus, I demonstrate true and genuine love of God.  I am like the signet ring of God.  For my obedient life is the mark of God’s truth in me.  The Apostle Paul speaks to this reality in

1 Corinthians 9:2 NIV 1984
Even though I may not be an apostle to others, surely I am to you! For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.

I am the seal of Jesus’ lordship over me when I love him and perform what I learned from him.  When I love Jesus, I love the Heavenly Father who sent him, and I am filled with the Spirit of Truth Who is “in all through all and over all” (Ephesians 4:6 NIV 1984).  

No comments:

Post a Comment